A 39-year-old Bethlehem man is missing in the area of Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Matthew Greene arrived in Mammoth Lakes around June 27 to hike, camp, and climb peaks in the Eastern Sierra. According to his family and friends, Greene is an avid hiker, as well as a rock and ice climber.
According to his family, Greene, a Nazareth High school math teacher, usually goes on a trip every summer.
The Mammoth Lakes Police Department is seeking the public's assistance to locate Greene.
On Monday, a missing persons report was taken on Greene.
The last known person to have contact with Greene talked to him on July 16.
He was camping at Shady Rest Campground while his vehicle was being repaired at a local shop. He has not returned to Shady Rest Campground or picked up his car from the repair shop.
Greene is 5'11", weighs 155 pounds, with brownish-blonde short hair.
It is believed that he may have gotten a ride from someone to a remote area to hike or climb.
The Mono County Search and Rescue Team has been notified, but without a last known location, the team cannot initiate a search.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Greene is requested to contact the Mammoth Lakes Police Department at 760-934-2011 or the Mono County Sheriff's Office at 760-932-6549 X7.
- Bethlehem police officer charged with indecent exposure accepted into rehab program
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police allegedly find illegal guns after complaint about loose dog
- Police allege man punches girlfriend, leaves her by side of the road
- Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Updated Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Work to repair extensive storm damage in Berks continues
- Updated National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Updated Bethlehem police officer charged with indecent exposure accepted into rehab program
- Updated Bill advances to ban flavored electronic smoking devices
- PSP: Mom used girl's breath to start car with DUI device
- Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry