ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Police are looking for answers in a deadly shooting in Allentown.
Police were called to the area of 10th and Chestnut streets around 9:50 p.m. Tuesday night.
There they found Carlos Richiez, 19, with a gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead around 10:15 p.m.
His death has been ruled a homicide. It's the city's 14th homicide in 2017.
Neighbors say they heard gun shots.
"I went downstairs and ran down the street and the victim was laying on the corner. There was a lot of blood around I was standing almost next to him and there were officers all around, there was a car accident right there in that alley," said neighbor Kita O'Neal.
Police spent most of the night and morning investigating. They also towed a car away from the scene.
"It's not the kind of thing that happens up here. and this is really surprising to me where this happened in this part of town," O'Neal said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Allentown police at 610-437-7721.
Investigators are asking that other potential victims of Seth Mull step forward.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley businesses react to GOP tax proposal
- NorCo Council narrowly OKs State Theatre funding
- Bethlehem planners define what it means to be a hotel
- Four Salisbury Township roads placed on "most congested in 2040" list
- Space heater to blame for fatal Schwenksville fire
- Community celebrates Hanukkah with latke cook-off
- Period of light snow Friday; highest totals south, east
- Updated Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- New Investigators looking into suspicious fires in Hunterdon County
- Updated Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Old parking tickets may be forgiven in Philadelphia
- Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement
- Happy birthday, Coldilocks! Oldest polar bear in US turns 37
- SEPTA marks Philadelphia trolley's 125th anniversary