EASTON, Pa. - A man accused of killing his mother and severely beating his father in Bethlehem is in court Thursday.
A formal arraignment is being held for Michael Lindgren.
Officials say Lindgren came to the police station last August demanding help and acting upset, but he was allowed to leave.
They say a few minutes later, officers were called to the home of Lindgren's parents, Ralph and Shirley, on East Wall Street.
Police say both parents were beaten, and Shirley Lindgren died a few days after the August 22 attack.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley