EASTON, Pa. - A man accused of killing his mother and severely beating his father in Bethlehem is in court Thursday.
A formal arraignment is being held for Michael Lindgren.
Officials say Lindgren came to the police station last August demanding help and acting upset, but he was allowed to leave.
They say a few minutes later, officers were called to the home of Lindgren's parents, Ralph and Shirley, on East Wall Street.
Police say both parents were beaten, and Shirley Lindgren died a few days after the August 22 attack.
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Nazareth and Easton girls set up all-EPC District final
- Pottsville, East Stroudsburg North to play for 5A title
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Updated Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- New Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race