SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - Mini-medical school is now open at Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest.
The goal is to provide a forum for those interested in learning more about medicine but without the years of study.
Sessions are being held each Tuesday during April and each session focuses on a new topic.
"They are offered so that we can help further educate the community about different advances we're making here within the hospital and to also help promote a healthy lifestyle," said Melissa Fitzgerald, LVHN public affairs specialist.
Tuesday the first session focused on treating heart disease.
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Updated Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump