UPPER MT. BETHEL TWP., Pa. - A 32-year-old man who was last known to be riding a dirt bike Tuesday was found dead in a heavily wooded area of northern Northampton County Saturday night.
The body of Kevin Woolf was recovered by a search and rescue team in Upper Mount Bethel Township, according to the Northampton County coroner.
The cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy.
Saturday evening, a stretch of Route 611 between Portland and Delaware Water Gap was closed off. Woolf's body was found in the area of the Appalachian Trail around 5 p.m., according to state police.
Back on Tuesday, Woolf was reported missing and was last known to be riding his 1997 Suzuki 350 purple and white on road/off road dirt bike in the area of 822 Boulder Drive in Upper Mount Bethel Township.
He was riding back to his home in the 2500 block of Mountain Road in Jackson Township, Monroe County, according to police.
Woolf was known to ride off-road trails between these two destination points.
State police and the coroner are investigating.
- Wilson shuts down Salem Christian in Bash opener
- Concerns in Emmaus about possible Rodale sale
- Catty man allegedly exposes himself to teen, asks is she 'open minded'
- Lehigh Valley's wild Carpenter Cup ride ends on final day
- Andrew Pullin promoted to Lehigh Valley
- Police: Robbery suspect says 'sorry' before sticking up 7-Eleven
- DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Fire destroys building, several vehicles in Berks
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- New Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Allentown to discuss banning "conversion therapy"
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Students attend special summer camp at Kutztown U.
- Company cuts ribbon on organic chicken hatchery