ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A woman has been sentenced to 4 1/2 to 23 months in jail after her daughter was hospitalized after drinking 17 shots of vodka.
Michelle Edwards, 32, and the teen's father, Charles Younger, 38, pleaded guilty to child endangerment. Younger will be sentenced Monday.
Police say Edwards and Younger provided alcohol to their daughter and a 15-year-old girl at their home in Allentown the night of January 7, 2017 for the girl's 13th birthday.
Authorities say they were called to the home for an unconscious 13-year-old, but Younger and Edwards left the home when EMS was called.
The girl was airlifted from Sacred Heart Hospital to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center for treatment of her high blood blood alcohol content level.
The girl’s BAC was .32, four times the legal limit for an adult.
Police say a 15-year-old girl at the home said she watched the younger girl drink 10 shots of vodka in two hours.
- Updated Cold, breezy but mostly sunny Sunday, with some slick spots in the morning
- Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman
- PHOTOS: 69 News viewer photos of the first snowfall of the season
- Excitement and cheer fill the North Pole Express
- Updated Temperatures drop overnight, accidents reported across the region
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County
- History's Headlines: The Youngest Allen
- Free adoption weekend in Berks County
- 69 News spreads a little Christmas cheer
- Breaking down the Bitcoin buzz