BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Bethlehem officials are considering changes to Musikfest following a series of violent crimes near this year's festival.
City officials say they will discuss proposed changes to Musikfest during upcoming meetings with local merchants and ArtsQuest.
One of the changes being discussed is shortening festival hours on Main Street, according to a report by lehighvalleylive.com.
The proposed changes come on the heels of a double shooting and other violent crimes that happened just a few blocks from Musikfest this summer.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten