BETHLEHEM, Pa. - It's that time of the year again. Some of the biggest acts in music are preparing to come to the Lehigh Valley.
Musikfest kicks off next week but crews are already setting up.
The main stage area for Musikfest is starting to take shape.
Mark Demko is the spokesperson for ArtsQuest and says each year they try to bring better acts to Bethlehem. More than 500 performers will hit 16 different stages.
"Our goal is to showcase the world of music. We try to represent all the genres, whether it be rock or reggae hip hop classical or country. And you're going to find that across all of our stages," he said.
This year on the main stage..
"Santana, Chicago, Father John Misty, Godsmack, LIVE back together with the original lineup for the first time in about seven or eight years," Demko said.
Some new attractions are being added to the music mix.
"One of the new elements we have this year is we have a venue called the Yuengling Lagerplatz. It began last year. Well this year Yuengling Martin Guitar and Musikfest are partnering to have many acoustic sets by the performers," he said.
Visitors can get the chance to win a Martin Guitar by grabbing one and playing a song during open mic nights.
"This year we've been working with Lehigh Valley with Love where we've added in standup comedians who are going to be performing over two nights at the ice house on Sand Island," Demko said.
Musikfest runs August 4-13.
- Updated Victim in fatal Allentown pedestrian accident identified
- Lehigh Coroner searching for man's next of kin
- More arrested, sought after multi-million dollar drug bust
- Peaceful protests at Coatesville after race-related incident
- The coming warehouse boom in Berks
- Test of Reading City Hall's air raid siren a success
- Route 125 remains closed due to unknown causes of sinkhole
- Monroe County man heads to trial in death of 4-year-old son
- Annual Greek Food Bazaar underway in Reading
- 'Gorgeous,' Taylor Swift's new song, decoded