ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A Lehigh County jury has found a Na Cola Franklin guilty of first degree murder in the killing of her husband-to-be, Billy Brewster, on their wedding day.
The jurors got the case late Wednesday morning, the third day of the trial, and deliberated for only a few hours before reaching their verdict.
Franklin fatally stabbed Brewster, her fiancé, inside their apartment on Olympic Circle in Whitehall Township on Aug. 11, 2012, just hours before they were due to take their vows.
Franklin's trial began Tuesday with the jury hearing the recording of a 911 call in which Franklin said Brewster was drunk and was going to steal their baby.
Brewster's cousin and his wife, who were staying with the couple for the wedding, testified Wednesday, telling the jury what they saw that fateful day.
Franklin will be sentenced on July 16. She's facing life in prison.
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society