ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A Lehigh County woman serving life in prison for murdering her fiancé may be getting a new trial.
A hearing on post-sentence motions was held Tuesday for Na Cola Franklin.
Franklin's lawyer said they are requesting a new trial because the evidence presented in the case didn't support the verdict.
Officials say Franklin stabbed Billy Brewster in their home in Whitehall Township in August 2012, .just hours before their wedding.
She was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- King Nahh comes to Northampton Area Middle School
- Does financial regulation hurt small banks?
- Health Beat: Achilles rupture: Are you at risk?
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in