LOWER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - Residents in one Northampton County township want to get to the bottom of a stinky situation.
Several neighbors complain of odors in Lower Saucon Township, including the Steel City community.
The state Department of Environmental Protection has received dozens of complaints over the past year or so.
Neighbors told 69News they believe the smell is coming from a nearby landfill.
But a DEP spokesperson said they haven't yet been able to pinpoint the cause.
An IESI landfill official says they are aware of the concerns and have a proactive nuisance minimization program in place.
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium