LOWER MOUNT BETHEL TWP., PA. - Have you heard that old expression "drive it until the wheels fall off?"
That's exactly what happened early Thursday afternoon along Route 611 in Lower Mount Bethel Township, Northampton County, according to state police in Belfast.
Sixty-six-year-old Robert J. Shaw of Marshalls Creek, Monroe County, was driving a 1998 GMC 3500 pick-up truck north on Route 611, locally also known as South Delaware Drive, at 12:51 p.m.
Suddenly both rear wheels broke off.
One wheel traveled across the front yard of 8407 S. Delaware Drive and hit a parked 2011 Mazda 6, denting the rear door on the driver's side.
Even without the rear wheels, Shaw managed to pull the pick-up over to the east shoulder of the roadway.
He was not injured. Nor was his passenger, 54-year-old Kevin Sullivan of Portland.
No one was in the dented Mazda.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic