BUSHKILL TWP., Pa. - A Northampton County man is facing a number of charges after allegedly shooting his dog while drunk.
Bushkill Township police responded to the 300 block of Old Allentown Road Monday night after receiving reports of a disturbance.
They say 56-year old Dean Tomsic was visibly intoxicated and had told his sister that he was going to burn the house down and that he had shot his dog.
Police say Tomsic told them the dog bit him and that he shot the dog to "put an end to it."
Tomsic is currently being held in the Northampton County Prison unable to post bail and faces numerous charges including cruelty to animals.
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- Bethlehem's Second Avenue will be narrowed: Council
- Parkland enrollment up, requests more staff
- US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District
- Corporal Seth Kelly named "Trooper of the Year"
- NAACP, Easton community concerned about Billman firing/rehiring
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (1 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (1 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (1 p.m.)
- Updated Some Reading garages opened for free parking during storm
- Updated 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (1 p.m.)
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (noon)
- Updated Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead