EASTON, Pa. - Northampton County Council has repealed a $10 million grant originally allocated to Easton's proposed Da Vinci Science City.
Council members say they still support the project but the grant was too costly and the 40-year term was far too long.
Members also expressed concerns that the project went through significant changes just six weeks after the grant received approval.
Council president Ken Kraft says council will need to see a definitive business plan before members can promise grant money.
- Updated Hamburg man found dead inside burning home, police say
- Allentown schools facing $28.4 million deficit
- Chilly, breezy Friday with an afternoon rain or snow shower possible
- Berks man thanks team who saved his life
- Life Lessons: Unusual travel options
- Applications for Allentown mayor due Friday
- Penn State fraternity members due in court over hazing death
- Quakertown school board backtracks on furloughs
- Salisbury grants waiver for Swain School soccer field
- East Allen supervisors praise outgoing manager