EAST ALLEN TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A motorcycle and tractor-trailer collided around 3:45 p.m. Monday in Northampton County, leaving one man dead.
Nicholas Aronis, 30, of Northampton, was pronounced dead Monday afternoon at St. Luke's Hospital Fountain Hill, according to Lehigh County deputy coroner Eric Minnich.
The accident happened at the entrance to Thermo Fisher Scientific at 6771 Silver Crest Road in East Allen Township.
A Volvo truck towing a utility trailer was making a left turn when Aronis' Harley Davidson motorcycle, coming the opposite direction, struck the front of the truck, according to State Police.
Coy Tutt, 68, of Dike, Texas, was driving the truck.
Aronis died due to multiple traumatic injuries sustained during the accident and the manner of death was ruled accidental, Minnich said.
Tutt was not injured.
State Police note that Tutt was wearing a seat belt and Aronis was wearing a helmet.
State Police are continuing to investigate this accident. Anyone that witnessed the crash is asked to contact Trooper Maner of state police in Bethlehem at 610-861-2026.
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Updated April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program