N. WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Offering troubled kids a lifeline online is the goal of Schnecksville based KidsPeace's Teen Central website.
Missing someone. To be a teenager is to be misunderstood. No one cares if I do drugs. Topics of turmoil for many teens, and the Teen Central therapeutic website address them all.
"It's a handcrafted therapeutic response," KidsPeace therapist Thes Godshalk said. "So it gives intervention, validation of those feelings and question of exploration for that youth."
The site has been online for nearly 20 years, but it's been updated and was re-launched on Wednesday.
"We hope to Impact youth and to connect with them and offer them safe place to talk through issues and concerns," Godshalk said.
Godshalk a licensed therapist who led the project. The sit, which attracts up to 100 users per day, is now easier to use, offers more content and tools and is open to anyone.
If a topic is trending, Godshalk said advice and content blogs can be added.
"Nice thing about our website is it gives youth who may not have any resources or support in that area, a voice, a safe place to bounce ideas around," she said.
Communications Director Bob Martin said a number of school districts have reached out in having the website be a learning tool for them.
"Especially kids in ninth (grade), in a new high school environment," Martin said. "Some anxiety concerns, and Teen Central can be an important part for kids to move forward."
A teen may have hard time talking about an issue, but finding this anonymous site is easy at teencentral.com.
- Updated 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Toys R Us delays liquidation sales; likely to start Friday
- Lehigh Valley Auto Show prepares for opening night
- Updated Where did the millions of dollars from Berks Heim go?
- Updated Bethlehem Easter egg hunt rescheduled
- Updated Cosby wants judge ousted over wife's sex-assault advocacy
- Updated PHOTOS: 'Operation Shattered' drug trafficking bust in Berks
- Updated Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Fire damages house in Coopersburg
- Man found dead after fire damages motel in Caernarvon