SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Police in Lehigh County have arrested a man they say tried to solicit a minor to meet for sex.
A state police special agent, trained in investigating online child sex crimes, responded to an ad wanting to meet 'another pervy dad to hang out with.'
The officer responded to the ad on Monday, starting around 4:30 p.m., and exchanged emails and texts with the suspect, who said he liked young girls.
According to court documents, the man described to the agent -- who he thought was another 'pervy dad' -- the sexual acts he wanted to perform on the agent's presumed daughter.
The agent arranged to meet with the man who thought he was going to have sexual contact with the young girl.
When the man, identified as Brent Galletta, 41, arrived at the predetermined meet location around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Lehigh County, he was taken into custody.
Galletta, of the 500 block of Seip Avenue in Nazareth, Northampton County, was charged with criminal attempt involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, criminal solicitation unlawful contact with a minor, criminal attempt sexual abuse of children and related charges.
A criminal search on Galletta showed he served four to 23 months in prison in 2001 on a corruption of minors charge, and was in prison in 2002 for 2 1/2 to five years for an additional corruption of minors charge, police said.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley