PALMER TWP., Pa. - Officials say they're still not sure what sparked a fire at Easton Area High School, but they have ruled it an accident.
The fire broke out last Friday morning in the wood shop at the school, located at 2601 William Penn Hwy. in Palmer Twp.
No one was hurt, but students and teachers were briefly evacuated.
On Wednesday, the fire chief ruled the fire accidental and the cause "undetermined".
He says a spark in the wood shop area ignited fumes in an exhaust fan, but officials aren't certain what caused the spark.
The chief says the fire would have been smaller if the exhaust fan hood had been properly cleaned and maintained.
- Updated Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- New Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Updated Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Updated Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Updated Police in Schuylkill County investigate 'suspicious' death
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking