WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Two people were killed in a fiery car accident that shut down Route 145 in Lehigh County on Saturday evening.
Sharon Gonzalez-Medina, 41, of Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co., was killed in the wreck, authorities said. A 16-year-old boy, also from Whitehall Township, was also killed, but officials have not released his name.
The accident happened around 6 p.m. Saturday at Eberhart Road in Whitehall Township.
A pickup truck truck traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into a car turning onto Route 145, according to Chief Robert Benner, Whitehall Twp. Fire Dept., who added that the car then caught fire, killing both people inside.
Two people inside the truck were also taken to area hospitals with serious injuries, according to Benner.
Route 145 was closed in the area for several hours.
Officials said they plan to reconstruct the accident to gain further details.
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking