FREEMANSBURG, Pa. - A little girl in Northampton County is getting a big surprise one day after two fires broke out in her home.
The fires broke out in a home in Somerset Street in Freemansburg Sunday.
Officials say the first fire happened in a garage just before 1:00pm but was quickly put out.
They say fire fighters were called back to the house around 8:00pm for a fire that engulfed the back of the home.
Freemansburg Fire captain Jose Garcia says the fire appears to have started in a wood burning stove.
The Freemansburg Fire Company is hosting a party Monday night for one of the little girls impacted by the fire.
Today is her 8th birthday and the fire fighters say they want to surprise her with presents.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic