UPPER MOUNT BETHEL TWP., Pa. - Authorities have started draining the lake of a popular fishing and boating destination in our area in order to repair a dam.
The $3 million project is going on at Minsi Lake in Northampton County.
Last week, officials drained three feet of water. This week another three feet will be drained.
Next month, officials will try to rescue as many fish as possible before they completely drain the lake.
Once it is dry they will remove and replace the spillway and make other repairs.
Norfolk Southern says the train was sounding its horn and that flashing lights at the crossing were working.Read More »
- Coroner on scene of train collision in Alburtis
- Lehigh County nursing homes to reap benefits from federal program
- Lower Nazareth hears request for usage changes for warehouse property
- No tax increase for Easton in 2018
- Easton council gets earful on reducing penalties for marijuana
- South Whitehall Township looking to improve quality of Little Cedar Creek
- Police ID man fatally shot in Reading; shooter at large
- Train pushes truck about 200 yards in fatal collision
- Updated 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Updated Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Updated Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack
- Grease fire damages home near Barto, sends man to hospital
- Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018