ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police are investigating a shooting early Friday that sent one person to the hospital.
Police say 32-year-old Stephen Zuber argued with his girlfriend, 30-year-old Ashley Johnston, and shot her while she was sitting in a car outside their home at 1621 Allen Street around 2 a.m.
Zuber then took the couple's three-year-old son from the car, went inside the home and forced a standoff with police.
After a brief negotiation, police took Zuber into custody.
He's facing charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.
After being checked out at Lehigh Valley Hospital-17th Street, the child is now in the custody of Children and Youth Services.
Johnston is listed in stable condition at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
There is no word on what sparked the shooting.
- New entertainment complex planned for Allentown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Doctor accused of bribing Menendez guilty of Medicare fraud
- Updated Police allege Easton man attacks ex in drunken rage
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine