ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It was a big day for Leia the Otter at the Lehigh Valley Zoo. "We are doing our annual otter bowl. Every year for the past 5 years we've had our otters choose who they think is going to be the winner of the super bowl" says Elizabeth Bernardo, the lead keeper at the Lehigh Valley Zoo.
Leia did some light stretching before she made her big decision. Stretching tall and loosing her neck. "She was actually wrong last year but she was right the three years prior to that so we'll see if she gets her region back on top" says Bernardo.
Keepers at the zoo placed two brown paper- mache looking footballs in Leia's habitat. One with the Falcons logo on it and other with the Patriots on it. This year Leia's looking for a comeback. She's got a lot to prove. And with a quick sprint she made her decision. She's calling the Falcon's for a win. "Last year it took her a little bit longer so I don't know if she knows something we don't" says Bernardo.
It wasn't an immediate threat, but a threat for an action that was going to take place in the future.Read More »
- Allentown police seize more than $20,000 in cocaine, heroin
- Berks man charged in fatal motorcycle crash on Route 222
- Man demands cigarettes while exposed in Plainfield Township
- Facebook chat with teen girl ends in man's arrest
- Men allegedly arranging sex with teens arrive to find police
- Krushelnyski recalled to Phantoms; Hora returned to Royals
- Updated 58-year-old pizza delivery driver in critical condition
- Eagles fans weigh in on Wentz's injury, Foles' return
- DA: Parkland district, officers handling alleged threats
- Updated Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Berks bus passenger describes NYC explosion scene as 'chaos'
- Expert sees partisanship in Pennsylvania congressional maps
- Pipe bomb detonates in New York bus terminal, commuters react
- Session instructs police officers on how to cope with stress
- Health Beat: Baby octopus saves preemies
- Positive Parenting: Routines and school readiness