ALLENTOWN, Pa. - You can add this to the list of woes with Allentown's hockey arena site: radioactivity.
State environmental officials say debris containing radioactive material from the arena site was brought to the Bethlehem Landfill in Lower Saucon Township in January.
Officials say the material is radium-226, a naturally-occurring radioactive substance.
There's not a lot of it and officials say it's not dangerous.
Officials are still trying to figure out where it came from.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe