BETHLEHEM, Pa. - ArtsQuest is rolling out the red carpet for several dignitaries as part of Musikfest's opening ceremonies Friday.
Pennsylvania first lady Susan Corbett will be the guest speaker as the festival opens its 30th year.
She will speak at 6 p.m. at Aetna Americaplatz at the Levitt Pavillion on the SteelStacks campus at 101 Founders Way in Bethlehem.
She was also the keynote speaker when the ArtsQuest Center was dedicated on April 15, 2011, and is the chair of the Pennyslvania Council on the Arts.
Other dignitaries slated to attend the 2014 opening ceremony this year include: U.S. Sen. Charlie Dent, Pa. Sen. Lisa Boscola, State Reps. Daniel McNeill and Justin Simmons, Lehigh County Executive Tom Muller, Northampton Executive John Brown, and Bethlehem Mayor Robert Donchez.,
In addition to the first lady's speech, the opening ceremony will include the presentation of three ArtsQuest Founders Awards and a performance by the Marlene Gilley Swingtet.
Musikfest runs August 1-10 and is the largest free music festival in the country.
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley