ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A Lehigh County lawmaker is being recognized for his support of early childhood education.
The Volunteers of America hosted a reception Tuesday for Pa. Sen. Pat Browne at the group's children's center in Allentown.
Browne helped the center get the money and clearances it needed for a new retaining wall and new playground surface.
Browne's interest in model trains was also the catalyst for a new train display. It was built by workers from the Keystone Valley Model Railroad Museum.
- HS Boys Volleyball: Parkland sweeps Liberty
- Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown
- Conservation Fund hopes to buy 3,300 acres of land in Lehigh, Northampton counties
- New Allentown police chief says focus will be community engagement
- Police: Man passed out on heroin in McDonald's bathroom
- Updated Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- BASD seeks several grants
- Berks man arrested in local check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned In legal battle