WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Whitehall Police announced on its Twitter there are two confirmed victims as a result of a shooting at the Lehigh Valley Mall.
Police can be seen in the lot between Macy's and Route 22. The incident was first reported Friday night around 7:15 p.m.
Officials secured the parking lot and multiple police units are on scene.
The two victims were both transported to a local hospital. Emergency services are reporting one patient was losing consciousness and another victim had a gunshot wound to the leg, however, that has not been confirmed by police.
Witnesses tell 69 News' Jamie Stover that a fight involving 10 people happened near a waiting area just outside the Macy's around the time of the shooting.
One witness says the fight seemed to escalate from just a couple of men to multiple men. She also described that one man seemed to have a severe abdomen injury.
Also, Jamie reports shoppers are still going in and out of the mall but some people can’t get to their cars due to the crime scene.
- Man who confessed to killing cousin to await judge's decision
- Northampton County Voter Registration Office moves
- Whitehall police investigate shots fired incident
- Fire breaks out at Fountain Hill home
- Firetruck crashes in Bethlehem on way to Fountain Hill fire
- Fire company gets grant to help attract volunteers
- Updated Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison
- Strong emotions from Cosby's accusers, Cosby's team responds after trial
- Updated Chestnuthill Township fire deadly
- Updated Wells Fargo's 'Education Appreciation Day' gives students supplies
- Updated Berks county residents respond to Cosby's sentencing
- Updated Pottstown sees string of home burglaries, police looking for people responsible
- Updated Bill Cosby denied bail, taken into custody
- New Man who confessed to killing cousin to await judge's decision
- Health Beat: 'Smart Parts' for amputees and others: Medicine's next big thing?
- Possibility of severe storms cancels Ephrata Fair Parade