BETHLEHEM, PA - As many as 10 people are in custody in connection with a shooting that injured two people near Musikfest in Bethlehem.
Police were starting to break up a large crowd in the area of West Garrison and Guetter streets around 11 p.m. Tuesday when gunshots rang out and everyone began to run away, police said.
One victim was found in a parking lot at Main Street and West Union Boulevard. He was shot in the hip and transported by ambulance to the hospital, police said.
Another person was shot in his groin area. He was taken by a private vehicle to the emergency room at Lehigh Valley Hospital's nearby Muhlenberg campus.
Both victims were last reported to be in stable condition.
People nearby said officers were quick to respond to the incident.
"The cops came down Main, the guys running, just got cut off," said Anthony Bas. "And then, over by the Sunoco, there was just cops all over there. They swarmed in. It was just a matter of seconds."
Police said their investigation is continuing. If you have any information, you're asked to call 911 or Bethlehem police detectives at 610-865-7187.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death