Lehigh Valley

Police: Allentown man arrested twice in two days for terrorizing ex

He chased the victim down a day after posting bail

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - An Allentown man arrested for allegedly stalking his ex-girlfriend was arrested the next day after he posted bail and allegedly chased her down in his car.

Authorities charged Jason Kapec with stalking, reckless endangerment, defiant trespass, terroristic threats and criminal mischief. Allentown police arrested the 41-year-old early Wednesday morning. He was arraigned and bail was set at $25,000.

Kapec, of North 12th Street, posted bail later that day, but was back in Lehigh County Jail Friday morning after failing to post $100,000 bail following his second arrest.

Kapec’s legal troubles began shortly before 12:30 a.m. Wednesday after police were called to the 3000 block of Klein Street for a report of an armed man.

The victim told officers that Kapec had been banging on his door, threatening to shoot him and his two dogs, according to court records. He told police that he and Kapec’s ex-girlfriend had been sitting on his balcony, when Kapec showed up at the apartment building and began yelling and cursing at them.

Kapec’s ex-girlfriend, who lived in the same apartment building, told authorities that she had filed for a protection-from-abuse order about two months earlier.

Kapec allegedly tried unsuccessfully to force his way into his ex’s apartment through a bedroom window and the patio door. Police arrested Kapec at his North 12th Street home, and District Judge Michael Faulkner arraigned him Wednesday morning.

On Thursday, police were called to the 3000 block of Emaus Avenue, where Kapec had allegedly terrorized his ex-girlfriend. She told police that he had followed her out of her Klein Street apartment complex and tried to block the street with his car, according to court records.

She managed to drive around him, but Kapec began chasing her and tried to push her car off the road and run into her vehicle. The victim alleged he also tried to break her car window and push her into traffic.

While police spoke with the victim for about an hour, officers said Kapec repeatedly called her using a texting app because she had blocked his phone number.

District Judge Rod Beck arraigned Kapec on the latest set of charges Friday morning and set bail at $100,000. District Judge Rashid Santiago revoked his $25,000 bail a few hours later. Kapec is now sitting in county jail awaiting a June 23 preliminary hearing in both cases.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars



Lehigh Valley News

Latest From The Newsroom