ALLENTOWN, Pa. - People who know Amy Yu's and Kevin Esterly's families say nothing was outwardly amiss, but along the way it was revealed something was indeed amiss.
And now the 16-year-old and 45-year-old are both missing.
It's been a week since Amy Yu 'just left' from the bus stop last Monday. On that same day, Esterly pulled $4,000 from his wife's bank account.
Yu and Esterly are believed to be together.
They've traveled together before. Social media accounts reveal Yu went on several Esterly-family trips and 69 News was told she was friends with Esterly's oldest daughter.
Between November and February, police say Esterly signed Amy out of school ten times without her mother's consent.
69 News also learned at some point Yu changed her emergency contact form at school, listing Kevin Esterly as her stepfather.
But he's not, he's her friend's father. They met through church a few years ago.
Yu's brother tells 69 News Esterly's early interest seemed like he was just trying to help Amy.
Amy's mom tells 69 News she found hundreds of text messages between the two and described the tone as if Amy was talking to her boyfriend.
Police have called the relationship "secretive."
- Snowfall totals so far
- Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers ready to help in storm
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)