EASTON, Pa. - A wild police chase ended with a man in custody and a neighborhood in disbelief in Easton Tuesday.
According to New Jersey State Police, it all began around 2 p.m. on I-78 westbound in Greenwich Township, New Jersey, when police attempted to pull over a man described simply as a fugitive.
Police say the man took off and they pursued.
Eventually, after hitting a home on Nesquehoning Street and sideswiping a nearby car, the driver ran into a tree, disabling the truck.
He was apprehended shortly thereafter.
Police say he suffered non-life threatening injuries in the crash.
Neither the man’s identity nor the charges have been released.
Some areas got more than a foot of snow.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Auto Show delays Thursday opening
- Allentown opens parking decks to residents
- LANta shuts down routes Wednesday afternoon
- LANTA to run on modified scheduled Wednesday
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- Bethlehem's Second Avenue will be narrowed: Council
- Updated UPDATED: Snowfall totals from the 69 News' viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year