WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Pennsylvania State Police continue to investigate the cause of the fatal accident that occurred Thursday night on Route 22 in Whitehall Township.
Thirty-four-year-old Nathan Warke of Allentown was killed in the crash, which happened about 8:20 p.m. in the westbound lanes at mile marker 322.3.
Warke was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy performed by the Lehigh County Coroner's office determined he died of multiple blunt force injuries.
According to police, Warke was driving his Jeep Wrangler west in the left lane of Route 22 when he was struck from behind by a truck, causing him to run into the back of a Freightliner tractor-trailer ahead of him.
The driver of the truck behind Warke was identified by police as Robert Kritzar, 41, of Hellertown. He has been charged with following too closely.
Kritzar received minor injuries, according to police, as did 25-year-old Joseph Jean, a passenger in his truck.
The tractor-trailer driver, identified as 62-year-old Frederick Ackerman of Orefield, also received minor injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact state police at the Bethlehem Barracks: 610-861-2026.
For the very first time, ArtsQuest organizers are teaming up with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix in Allentown for a fundraising event that's sure to get engines running.Read More »
- Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Season ends for Lehigh men's lacrosse in Patriot League quarterfinals
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request