EASTON, Pa. - A woman is facing charges after injuring her boyfriend with a samurai sword, officials said.
Daisy Estremera struck Jeffrey Madera in the head with the partially opened sword in their bedroom at 600 Canal St., Easton, at about 1 a.m. Saturday, officials said.
Madera told police Estremera scratched and hit his face before striking him with the sword, officials said, adding that Madera was found with cuts on his his scalp and upper lip, swelling and a bruise above his left eye, and a scrape on his nose.
Estremera, 50, was arraigned on charges of assault, harassment and reckless endangerment and committed to the Northampton County Prison on $7,500 bail, according to court documents.
A preliminary hearing is set for 10 a.m. Friday.
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- King Nahh comes to Northampton Area Middle School
- Does financial regulation hurt small banks?
- Health Beat: Achilles rupture: Are you at risk?
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in