UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - A 20-year-old woman crashed her vehicle early Friday around 8:30 a.m. on Schantz Road at its intersection with Newton Road.
Bryana Geist of Topton, was traveling westbound on Schantz Road when she acknowledged that she 'likely fell asleep', as she did not remember hitting the short concrete wall in front of 9929 Schantz Road. However, she did wake up as the vehicle was flipping over, according to the police report.
After she hit the concrete wall, her vehicle, a Plymouth Voyager, flipped over and landed on its roof across the road. Geist complained of pain to her face and was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
The vehicle sustained severe damage to its right front corner and to the rest of the vehicle from rolling over, the police report states.
Geist reported she only got three hours of sleep the night before and was returning home from work at the time of the crash.
Geist was charged with careless driving.
It was a packed house at Most Blessed Trinity Parish in Tremont, as parishioners gathered to welcome Rev. Alfred Schlert, Bishop of Allentown.Read More »
- New athletic field unveiled at Cedar Crest College
- Cedar Crest College celebrates 150-year anniversary
- DA: Family argument ends in deadly shooting in Northampton County
- Lehigh Valley Zoo hosts annual Halloween celebration
- David Jaindl holds open house on concept plans for Mary Immaculate Center
- Northampton County DA seeks signatures needed to run for Congress
- Ivanka Trump to discuss tax plan at town hall in Bucks
- Updated 3-alarm fire damages family-owned food wholesaler in Bern
- Updated More arrested, sought after multi-million dollar drug bust
- New bishop of Allentown Diocese visits Tremont church
- Life Lessons: Extreme couponing
- AG Sessions to speak in Philadelphia
- Driver ejected after car rolls 100 feet off highway
- Motorcyclist killed in crash in Worcester Township
- Boyertown Area Senior HS gets multi-million dollar makeover
- Updated DA: Family argument ends in deadly shooting in Northampton County