AMMA, W.Va. - Police say altered fireworks, weapons, live chickens and marijuana were found inside an SUV that wrecked on Interstate 79 in West Virginia, and a Pennsylvania man has been arrested.
A criminal complaint in Roane County Magistrate Court charged 21-year-old Seth Grim of Emmaus with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, a felony.
State Police spokesman Lt. Michael Baylous says other charges were pending following the accident near Amma about 3:30 a.m. Friday.
Grim was being held on $25,000 bond. No hearing was immediately set.
Baylous said he didn't know how the fireworks were altered.
Emergency officials say the overturned Ford Explorer sent more than 30 chickens loose along the highway. Baylous said he didn't know the fate of the chickens.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic