BETHLEHEM TWP., Pa. - Bethlehem Township police are investigating a fatal wreck involving a bicycle near the Butztown Post Office Thursday night.
Authorities said 33-year-old Matthew Pagan, of Santee Road in Bethlehem Township, died Friday morning as a result of traumatic injuries sustained in the crash.
Police said the crash occurred shortly after 8:30 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Easton Avenue and Butztown Road. Investigators said a 2002 Honda Odyssey van driven by a 17-year-old from Coopersburg was heading west on Easton Avenue.
Pagan was riding west along Easton Avenue, when he crossed into the westbound lane and collided with the van, according to police.
Authorities said Pagan was not wearing a helmet and was taken to the trauma center at St. Luke's University Hospital in Fountain Hill.
The crash remains under investigation, and investigators are seeking witnesses. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact the Northampton County 911 center at 610-759-2200 or Sgt. Daryl LaPointe at 610-814-6481 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem
- Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- Afghan hotel attack ends, Taliban claim
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.