EASTON, Pa. - Police are investigating the shooting death of a woman found inside a pickup truck in Easton as a homicide.
The discovery was made around 11:30 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Peach Street, according to police, who declined to release the number of times the woman was shot.
Police have also not been able to identify the woman.
Officials said they won't be releasing any further information due to the ongoing investigation.
Police have received reports from individuals that gunshots were heard in the area before the victim was discovered.
Easton police, along with Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli and the Northampton County coroner's office are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call Easton detectives at 610-759-2200 or 610-250-6656 or the Easton police tip line at 610-250-6635.
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg