UPPER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - Police were on the scene of a standoff in Lehigh County Saturday afternoon.
Upper Saucon Township Police and State Police were surrounding a home in the 5000 block of Limeport Pike, near Wedgewood Golf Course, according to a police Facebook post.
Police said a male and female armed with a .357 caliber handgun were barricaded in the home. Police said they fired at police during a traffic stop just before noon.
Officials closed Limeport Pike between Chestnuthill and West Saucon Valley roads. The intersection of Chestnuthill and Wagner roads was also closed.
Police asked people who live nearby to stay inside and lock their homes. Avoid the area if possible.
A 69 News crew on the scene said a state police helicopter is also flying in the area.
- Updated Fire burns house near Hamburg Area High School
- Updated Allentown schools facing $28.4 million deficit
- Chilly, breezy Friday with an afternoon rain or snow shower possible
- Berks man thanks team who saved his life
- Life Lessons: Unusual travel options
- Applications for Allentown mayor due Friday
- Penn State fraternity members due in court over hazing death
- Quakertown school board backtracks on furloughs
- Salisbury grants waiver for Swain School soccer field
- East Allen supervisors praise outgoing manager