ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Police are investigating the death of a 15-month-old boy in Allentown.
Cordero James died Saturday morning at St. Luke's Hospital, the Lehigh County coroner's office said.
Michael James, the boyfriend of the child's mother, was arrested late Friday night on charges of endangering the welfare of children and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to court documents.
James, 36, was taking care of the baby at the time of his death, according to court documents. He told police he was intoxicated on marijuana and fell asleep.
James also admitted to police he had been dealing drugs in and out of the home in front of the baby, police said.
A search of the house turned up a digital scale and numerous plastic baggies, which are known to be used in the distribution of drugs and would be consistent with the packaging of marijuana, police said.
Police would not confirm if Michael James played a role in his child's death.
He is currently being held in Lehigh County Prison on $20,000 bail.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River