ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Authorities are reminding folks to be safe on the roads this Independence Day.
The Lehigh Valley DUI Highway Task Force reminded everyone Tuesday to celebrate the holiday responsibly.
Officers will be out in full force this week as part of the "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign.
So, if you're planning to drink, you should plan ahead.
"Impairment begins with the first drink. So, if anybody's going to be consuming alcoholic beverages, we would caution that they make certain that they have a designated driver to drive, and that they do not drive themselves," said Capt. Daryl Hendricks.
Officers also warned about the dangers of fireworks. Even legal fireworks can cause injury, they said, so it's best to leave it up to the professionals.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Updated Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Updated Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored