ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Authorities are reminding folks to be safe on the roads this Independence Day.
The Lehigh Valley DUI Highway Task Force reminded everyone Tuesday to celebrate the holiday responsibly.
Officers will be out in full force this week as part of the "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign.
So, if you're planning to drink, you should plan ahead.
"Impairment begins with the first drink. So, if anybody's going to be consuming alcoholic beverages, we would caution that they make certain that they have a designated driver to drive, and that they do not drive themselves," said Capt. Daryl Hendricks.
Officers also warned about the dangers of fireworks. Even legal fireworks can cause injury, they said, so it's best to leave it up to the professionals.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association