BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A woman left her five children alone in her car while she gambled at the Sands Casino, police said.
Yulissa Troncoso, of Allentown, was charged Friday with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
"She took a gamble, and she lost," said Lt. Mark DiLuzio, Bethlehem Police Dept.
Casino security officers discovered the children alone in the car on the evening of July 26 and paged Troncoso over the casino's public address system.
Troncoso returned about an hour after leaving the children, who range in age from 10 months to 12 years, said police, adding that they were not injured.
The windows of the vehicle were cracked about two inches, police said.
Troncoso, 33, was committed to the Northampton County Prison on $10,000 bail.
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.