BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Musikfest plans to get its 30th anniversary celebration started on a peppy note.
Pop sensation and 2013 Grammy Award nominee Carly Rae Jepsen will start the festival on Friday, August 2 with a performance on the Sands Steel Stage at 7:30 p.m.
A native of British Columbia, Canada, Jepsen became an international star with her smash hit, "Call Me Maybe," which has sold more than 10 million singles worldwide and hit No. 1 in more than 35 countries. In the United States the song spent nine weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100, while the video for the song has had more than 350 million views on YouTube.
Jepsen was recently nominated for two Grammy Awards: Best Pop Vocal Performance and Song of the Year for "Call Me Maybe." She has already won several honors for her work including an American Music Award, Billboard Music Award and Teen Choice Awards.
Tickets for the concert are $29 and $39 and go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 18, 10 a.m., to ArtsQuest Members and Friday, Dec. 21, 10 a.m., to the public. They'll be available at www.musikfest.org and 610-332-3378.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- New DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Updated Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome