BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Musikfest plans to get its 30th anniversary celebration started on a peppy note.
Pop sensation and 2013 Grammy Award nominee Carly Rae Jepsen will start the festival on Friday, August 2 with a performance on the Sands Steel Stage at 7:30 p.m.
A native of British Columbia, Canada, Jepsen became an international star with her smash hit, "Call Me Maybe," which has sold more than 10 million singles worldwide and hit No. 1 in more than 35 countries. In the United States the song spent nine weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100, while the video for the song has had more than 350 million views on YouTube.
Jepsen was recently nominated for two Grammy Awards: Best Pop Vocal Performance and Song of the Year for "Call Me Maybe." She has already won several honors for her work including an American Music Award, Billboard Music Award and Teen Choice Awards.
Tickets for the concert are $29 and $39 and go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 18, 10 a.m., to ArtsQuest Members and Friday, Dec. 21, 10 a.m., to the public. They'll be available at www.musikfest.org and 610-332-3378.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River