ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 1600 have ratified a new three-year contract with Pennsylvania-based companies of PPL Corporation, the company announced Tuesday.
The agreement, which will run through May 21, 2017, includes wage increases of 2.5 percent in the first year, 2.5 percent in the second year, and 2.75 percent in the third year.
It also provides competitive retirement savings and health care benefits.
Local 1600 represents about 3,000 workers for PPL Electric Utilities, power plants owned by PPL companies in Pennsylvania, and various PPL corporate service groups.
PPL and Local 1600 reached a tentative agreement on May 10, which was then submitted to union members for a vote.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Updated Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley