ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Work is getting underway for the Mayfair Festival of the Arts.
The event will be held at Agriculture Hall in Allentown next month and, organizers say, there's a little something for everyone.
"Oh, Mayfair is a huge arts festival, everything from visual arts to performing arts. We have multiple stages, we have every kind of genre of art imaginable," said Arlene Daily, the executive director of Mayfair, Inc.
New this year, some performers have been tasked with creating unique shows that relate to the local community.
The festival kicks off over Memorial Day weekend, starting May 23, and last four days.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges