ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Protesters gathered Sunday night outside the Lehigh County Prison in Allentown.
They were calling for the Lehigh County District Attorney to reopen the death investigation of an inmate.
Alphie Herrera Senior died in February of last year.
At the time., DA Jim Martin said Herrera suffered a seizure in his cell and became violent when medical staff tried to help him.
He said after being placed in a restraint chair, Herrera's condition began to deteriorate and he was taken to the hospital.
He later died at the hospital.
No charges were filed in the case.
The protesters said they are fighting to bring justice in Herrera's death.
Lawyers for Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski were in court Wednesday, defending the mayor against a lawsuit stemming from an FBI investigation at City Hall.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts lets the 'sunshine in' with its production of HAIR
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Emmaus High School, Adidas sign 4-year contract
- 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- Macungie woman charged for welfare fraud
- City Center looking to refinance debt to pave way for Five City Center
- Jury begins deliberations in sentencing of Eric Frein
- Updated Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Updated Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees
- Updated Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Updated Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Updated Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Updated Emmaus High School, Adidas sign 4-year contract
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide