BETHLEHEM, Pa. - More than 1,000 new jobs will be coming to the Lehigh Valley.
QVC plans to open a new fulfillment center in Bethlehem in 2019, the Qurate Retail Group announced in a press release Wednesday.
It's part of a series of initiatives to combine and streamline the HSN and QVC.
The company plans to hire 1,200 to 1,500 positions at the Bethlehem facility.
The announcement also said QVC plans to close fulfillment centers in Lancaster; Roanoke, Virginia; and Greeneville, Tennessee. About 1,725 jobs will be cut.
A specific location for the Bethlehem facility was not announced.
- Updated A light wintry mix tonight may end as a little snow early Friday morning
- Updated Traffic update for Lehigh Valley
- AG Shapiro files legal actions on car dealers falsely advertising
- Investigators piece together fatal I-78 crash
- Easton ordinance to be amended
- Heavy snow blankets Reading with first snow fall of season
- First snow of the season hits northern Berks
- Pair facing charges of multiple retail thefts around Berks
- Health Beat: Cord blood can save lives
- Couple, homeless man charged in charitable scam