CENTER VALLEY, Pa. - The red carpet was rolled out this weekend to make a wish come true for a Lehigh County boy battling cancer.
The organization "Friends Are By Your Side" held the red carpet event for Wyatt Newhard at the Carmike Theater in Center Valley Saturday night.
The 9-year-old and 55 of his friends and family members were ushered to the theater in limos for a showing of "The Lego Movie."
Wyatt, of New Tripoli, was diagnosed with high-risk neuro-blastoma cancer when he was just three years-old.
He has undergone many rounds of high-dose chemotherapy, multiple surgeries and MIBG therapy. Wyatt continues his battle with a new round of treatments that started this month.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Updated Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome