COPLAY, Pa. - The American Red Cross is opening a shelter for residents of the Coplay area in Lehigh County who don't have heat because of a UGI issue.
The shelter, located at Coplay Borough Hall, 98 S. 4th Street, Coplay, will open at 6 p.m. and will stay open until approximately noon on Thursday.
Residents are advised to bring blankets and personal items, including medications.
Residents may also bring their pets, which will be housed in a separate area of the shelter. If bringing a pet, please be sure to bring pet items such as a leash, food, bowls, etc.
Red Cross volunteers, members of Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and UGI personnel will be at the shelter.
- LIVE Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Passing showers but more seasonable today
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC