The American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley is helping family members reconnect.
The Red Cross held an information session on its International Services Program today at the Promenade Shops.
Organizers said the goal was to let employers and agencies know about their "Restoring Family Links" service.
The service assists refugees, immigrants, migrants and other local foreign-born people reestablish contact with family members who are internationally separated.
Organizers said they try to collect as much information about the family member as possible and then send the information to the Red Cross closest to the location where they believe the person is living.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe