ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Just hours after reports of shots being fired in the area, a man was actually shot just after midnight early Thursday.
Shots were fired around 5:32 p.m. Wednesday in the area of Madison and Turner streets, but apparently no one was hit, police said.
Around 12:04 a.m. Allentown police responded to a shooting in the same area.
Police said a 20-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the torso.
He's listed in stable condition at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
There's no word yet on what lead to the shooting.
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner